Monday 26 September 2011

Photographing the little beasties

One thing my new blog has highlighted is just how rubbish my photographs are.  So I've been playing with some new techniques to see if I can improve my pictures.

Progress so far:
Existing image.  Need to improve on this.

First attempt. Too dark!
Light source moved closer. More like it
Still not brilliant but I feel I'm getting closer to where I want to be.  The above was with a very makeshift light box, a single light source and a cheapo pocket camera.  The first thing to notice is that it really shows up my amateur paint job!  That aside, I'm not happy with the way the top part of the figure is out of focus.  I'm led to believe this is due to a shop F-Stop on the camera.  Unfortunately my cheapo camera doesn't have the ability to change that.

At the weekend I might break out the fancy camera (if I can find it) and see if I can improve a bit more.  In the mean time I'll finish with a post-processed image that should serve as the starting point for the next post on this topic.

Getting There!


No comments:

Post a Comment